It’s once again time for your regular In the Media update. February and March were packed with news, so we’ve got you covered if you missed anything important.
Antoni on Bloomberg
Our Co-founder & Managing Partner, Antoni Trenchev, was live on Bloomberg and other popular news channels regularly over the past month, providing a crucial crypto perspective on global events. Most recently, Antoni and Bloomberg anchors Caroline Hyde and Romaine Bostick discussed cryptocurrencies in the wake of the conflict in Ukraine as alternatives to traditional money, and how transaction transparency is secured.
Watch the interview or check out the summary below:
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies create transparency at its finest as anyone can view all transactions that occur on the various blockchains.
- Thanks to our impeccable KYC and AML procedures, Nexo can track changes in the OFAC sanctions list in real time, and monitor relevant funds or users on our platform.
- Crypto is indeed spiking due to the inflation of Russia and Ukraine’s native currencies.
- Both Russians and Ukrainians are currently in need of a trustless, censorship-resistant monetary system which is why so many of them are turning to crypto.
- This is perhaps why more people are shifting to Bitcoin rather than stablecoins as many examples of the latter have in-coded systems through which balances can be frozen.
In the News
- Business Insider: The heads of the biggest crypto corporations, including Nexo, express their opinions on Biden’s executive order for digital assets.
- Bloomberg & Forbes: What forces were behind last week’s crypto dip and what does this mean for BTC in the coming weeks.
- Blockworks: How and why the market picked up after the initial conflicts in Ukraine.
- Yahoo Finance: NFTs’ role in the conflict in Eastern Europe and Nexo’s support campaign for Ukraine.
- CNBC: A quick chat with Antoni on 2022 cryptocurrency market trends, Federal Reserve monetary politics, NFTs, and state cryptocurrency adoption.
- The Bitcoinist: The down-low on Nexo’s investment in Mizar.
- CryptoNews: Official news on our strategic partnership with BlockFills focused on syndicated lending and growing our prime brokerage.
- Invezz: Nexo also participated in Bware Labs series A funding round, growing our exposure and investments in DeFi.
It’s certainly been an eventful start to 2022 with many different topics affecting the crypto space and our lives. As always, Nexo is proud to be the company you turn to when managing your finances and we look forward to updating you with more news in the coming months.