This Cookies Policy (the “Policy”) governs the relations between you (“Client” or “you”) and any holding company, subsidiary or entity belonging to the Nexo group of companies (“Nexo”, “we” or “us”), while you and Nexo are hereinafter separately referred to as “Party” and jointly - as “Parties”, in regard to your use of the Nexo Services and the use and application of cookies and similar technologies while using the Nexo Platform.
For the purposes of carrying out smooth electronic communication process and technically error-free and optimized provision of the Nexo Services, we store cookies on the grounds of your consent, for our legitimate interests and legitimate interests of third parties, as well as on other legal grounds under the relevant local legislation in every country of our operations. For the avoidance of doubt, this Policy does not apply to any digital services targeted at children.
III. What Is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file containing information generated by a website's server and placed on your personal computer or smart device. Cookies enable the website and your browser to interact in such a way that the website is able to present you with the most appropriate options and to customize services to your interests, based on your previous use of the website. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features of our services or select certain preferences, and some cookies will always be used. You can find out more about each cookie we use by viewing our current Cookies List below and/or manage your preferences via the Manage Cookies button. We update this list regularly, so there may be additional cookies that are not yet listed.
IV. Cookies List
1. Depending on the purpose of each cookie, the cookies we use are:
1.1. Strictly Necessary Cookies - they are necessary for the Nexo Platform to function properly and cannot be switched off in our system. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Nexo Platform will not then work properly. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
1.2. Functional Cookies - they enable the Nexo Platform to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to the Nexo Platform. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
1.3. Performance Cookies - they allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the Nexo Platform. They help us know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Nexo Platform. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies, we will not know when you have visited the Nexo Platform, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
1.4. Targeting Cookies - These cookies may be set through the Nexo Platform by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
1.5. Social Media Cookies - These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the Nexo Platform to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
1.6. Unknown Cookies - These cookies are used to better your customer journey on our site as well as collect information about your preferences and actions on the site. They do not collect personally identifiable data.
2. In relation to the controlling and processing of cookies, the cookies we use are:
2.1. First-party Cookies - these cookies are set by us;
2.2. Third-party Cookies - these cookies are from a domain different from the domain of the Nexo Platform you are visiting. These cookies are usually used to ease our advertising and marketing efforts.
3. Depending on the time the relevant cookie exists, the cookies we use are:
3.1. Session Cookies - they are temporary and expire once you close your browser;
3.2. Persistent Cookies - they stay on your device for a fixed period of time or until you delete them. They help us recognize you as our current user, respectively Client, remember your preferences and improve the Nexo Platform functionality. In addition, the persistent cookies allow us to provide you with personalized advertisements and measure the effectiveness of the Nexo Platform`s functionality and advertising.
1. To recognize you when you sign in to use the Nexo Services. This allows us to provide you with recommendations, display personalized content and provide other customized features and services;
2. To keep a track of your specific preferences. This allows us to honor your likes and dislikes, such as your language and configuration preferences;
3. To provide, develop, maintain, personalize, protect and improve the Nexo Platform, the Nexo Services and their content;
4. To perform analytics, including to analyse and report on the use and performance of the Nexo Services and any advertisements displayed on or delivered by or through them;
5. To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity;
6. To create aggregate data about the groups or categories of our users, respectively Clients (including advertising audiences), and for us, our partners and third-party service providers to deliver, target, offer, market, or personalise advertising promotions and new industry-first features, relating to the Nexo Services, as well as offerings to our Clients and partners (including limiting how often you see an advertisement);
7. To report promotions and introduce new industry-first features, which allows us to measure and analyze the performance of the Nexo Services.
VI. How Can You Manage Cookies?
2.1. For Firefox “Private Browsing” managing cookies settings, click here:
2.2. For Chrome “Incognito” managing cookies settings, click here:
2.3. For Internet Explorer “InPrivate” managing cookies settings, click here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
2.4. For Safari for Mac managing cookies settings, click here:
1. The content of this Policy is for your general information and use only. You acknowledge and agree that it may contain inaccuracies or errors, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
2. Nexo shall reserve its right to amend or supplement this Policy, including the above list of cookies, from time to time. Any such amendments or supplements shall become valid and in full force as of the date of their publishing on the Nexo Platform unless otherwise indicated. You shall regularly check the Nexo Platform to inform yourself about any such amendments or supplements, and your continued use of the Nexo Platform constitutes your agreement to be bound by the latter.
3. The descriptive headings in this Policy are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation thereof.
4. The failure by Nexo to exercise any right or enforce any right or provision of this Policy shall not constitute a present or future waiver of such right or provision.
5. None of your rights and obligations arising out of this Policy are assignable or transferable, without the prior written consent of Nexo. Nexo shall reserve the right to assign, delegate or transfer the rights and obligations under this Policy to any third party at any time, without notice or your consent.
6. This Policy is prepared and concluded in English language. In case the Policy or any part of it thereof is translated into another language for whatever reason, the English version shall prevail.
7. If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy or the Nexo privacy practices, please contact us by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.